Wednesday, November 16, 2011

These are the roasted vegetables I made for supper tonight.  I used brussel sprouts and I tried sunchokes for the first time.  No one really liked them (except me) - and at $5 per pound....not really worth it for everyone to pick out.  But the brussel sprouts went over well as usual.

Now this was a big hit and the first time I have made this.  I put fresh green beans on a non-stick pan with 3 cubes of garlic (those cubes of garlic I have mentioned in the past made by Dorot) and just a bit of butter.  I let them all cook over medium heat and stir occasionally.  Then I added some panko crumbs in the last 5 minutes of cooking. With a few twists of fresh sea salt at the end it was amazing.

This is the flank steak I marinaded since yesterday afternoon.  I marinaded in Wildfire's Backyard Marinade.  I grilled it and let it sit for a few minutes before we cut into it.  It was delicious.  But everyone agreed they like skirt steak better than flank steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment