Thursday, November 17, 2011

This is what I made for dinner tonight.  I used the following recipe for white bean chili from Paula Deen, but I made changes (as usual).  Below is the recipe I did....


Ingredients

  • 1 can cannelloni beans - undrained
  • 1 can great northern beans - drained 
  • 1 cup non salted chicken stock
  • 1 packet chicken flavor boost
  • 3 cubes of garlic (Dorot frozen garlic)
  • 3/4 cup diced onion
  • 1 4oz can chopped green chiles (in mexican aisle)
  • 11/2  pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped - about 1/2 inch
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Put chicken and onions in pot and stir around as it cooks. Once the chicken is all cooked, then add everything else.  Let it cook on low for about 20 minutes - stirring every so often.

I served it with low fat corn bread from work.  Thanks to Salvador and Sergio at work for making this for me.  It was fresh and ready when I got off work at 2p today. 

As you can see, I put the corn bread in the bowl then the chili over it.  It was best to get corn bread and chili in one bite.  The sweet from the corn bread and slight crack in the bite with the heat of the chilis and the creaminess of the beans....SO GOOD!!!!

But we decided it really wasn't a chili...more like a "sili"...soup and chili. Delicious "sili".


No comments:

Post a Comment