Monday, December 19, 2011

Worked a long shift today.  I will be working long days this whole week for the holidays.  It was nice and constant - SO much better than when it is quiet there.  A lot of the kids that work there are back from college and working again.  It is good to see them.  Makes me wonder what my kid's college experiences will be like. I really like the people I work with and I love my customers.  They are generally good people.  I was talking with one customer.  He was talking about his wife who was in the store shopping.  He was sitting on the bench waiting for her.  He said after 47 years he is used to it.  SO amazing!!!

Tonight I went easy....just salad.  I picked up a jar of Wildfire's Citrus Lime Salad Dressing at work - the same dressing that was on the salad we had at Wildfire a couple of weeks ago.  That is delicious dressing.  Nice and strong so you don't need much on your salad.  As you can tell by a lot of my posts - I like to make dinners that has a lot of choices to everyone can have what they want.  I had salami, crumbled gorganzola cheese, hearts of palm.  A few tricks - just go to the deli section and have them cut them meats (or cheese) thicker than for sandwiches.  And you can also go to the salad bar and get small amounts of stuff.  It is cheaper than buying a whole can of something that you will only use half of.

No comments:

Post a Comment